Recent Posts
About ZagsBlog
Adam Zagoria covers basketball at all levels. He is the author of two books and an award-winning journalist whose articles have appeared in ESPN The Magazine, SLAM, Sheridan Hoops, Sports Illustrated, Basketball Times and in newspapers nationwide.
Follow Zags on Twitter
Contact Zags
Connect with Zags:
Friday / September 21.
  • Eric Ayala to Make College Decision Saturday

    Share Zagsblog Share Zagsblog

    Eric Ayala, the 6-foot-5 combo guard from IMG (FL) Academy and WE-R1, will make his college decision on Saturday at 5 p.m., he announced via Twitter. He is down to Oregon, Maryland, and Miami.

    “Eric has tremendous upside, he has been conditioned to work and constantly perfect his skill set,” WE-R1 Director Terrell Myers told ZAGSBLOG on Wednesday. “His size (6’5) at the guard position allows 6’5 him to play 4 positions on the floor. He can shoot, rebound, pass and has a high basketball IQ. He is a coach’s dream competitive, tall, smart and easy to coach. We are fortunate to have had him in our program.”

    According to 247Sports, the Delaware native is ranked as the No. 76 overall player in the Class of 2018 and the No. 11 player from the state of Florida. He took official visits to Miami (Sept. 22) and Maryland (Sept. 29), but did not take a scheduled visit to Oregon earlier this month.

    Through 11 predictions on 247Sports’ Crystal Ball, 73 percent of experts expect Ayala to choose Maryland, while the other 27 percent currently have him predicted to choose Syracuse, who he is no longer considering.

    Follow Jacob on Twitter